Remembering Our Dear Friend Barbara Lewis Lewis
Hello Fellow Alumniand friends! I am paying tribute in this article to one of our most beloved Alumni Board members who recently passed away.
Her name is Barbara Jean Lewis. She graduated from Bennett High in 1959. She was the widow of Howard Lewis, a retired Assistant Superintendent for the Buffalo Public Schools. Together they raised six children and provided them with educational opportunities so that they could reach their goals.
Because education was always important to Barbara, she worked with several organizations to help other young people. Barbara joined the Alumni Association in 2010 and began mentoring students at Bennett. She also took on the task of organizing materials and decorating our Alumni Board Room. Despite the illness, which gradually took over her body, Barbara struggled to attend meetings and mentor students. Her passion for her alma mater was unequalled!
She will be truly missed by all who knew her, and especially by her family, friends, and fellow Board members. We are all saying “good-bye” to a wonderful friend.
- Honor Roll Nominations
- Mission Statement
- Bennett Mentoring Matters
- Remembered by Msgr. John Zeitler
- Congratulations Students
- In Memoriam
- Class of 1968, Planning 50th Reunion
- Anime Book Club Created
- Championship Football Team Honored
- Sports Hall of Fame Induction Slated for October 14, 2017
- Isaiah McDuffie is Buffalo News Football Player of the Year
- Bennett Sports Hall of Fame Members Honored
- Class Notes
- It’s Time to Renew Your Membership!
- News From Our President
- 2017 Community Foundation Donors
- The Alumni Walkway and Garden
- End of the School Year Words of Thanks
- A Glorious June 23rd Graduation!